Get crisis-ready NOW! Learn from a master exactly what to do, what to say, when to say it, and when to do it while the whole world is watching: stop creating victims; communicate effectively with all stakeholders; prevent lawsuits; and reduce the negative impact of media hounds and activists. All supported by case studies and real-life examples, by trusted advisor to CEOs and practitioner/trainer named among the 100 Top Thought Leaders of 2013 by Trust Across America; profiled in Living Legends of American Public Relations; listed in Corporate Legal Times as one of “28 Experts to Call When All Hell Breaks Loose.”
Your CEO’s in handcuffs! Things are going downhill, fast! Your whole word is watching to see what you do next.
Time matters. Your reputation and your job are on the line. It’s a career-defining moment — your destiny is in your hands. Fail to manage it, and someone else — the victims — will!
In this industry-defining book on crisis management and leadership recovery, Jim Lukaszewski jump-starts the discussion by clearly differentiating a crisis from other business interruption events and introduces a concept rarely dealt with in crisis communication and operational response planning: managing the victim dimension of crisis.
Delivered in his straight-talking style backed with compelling case studies, Lukaszewski On Crisis Communication is your guide to preparing for a crisis and the explosive visibility that comes with it. In 10 chapters of field-tested how-to’s and to-do’s Lukaszewski teaches you:
- How crises create victims
- To avoid the toxicity of silence
- To overcome the abusive, intrusive and coercive behavior of bloviators, bellyachers, back-bench bitchers, the media, activists and critics
- To drive attorneys to settle instead of litigate
- Apology is the atomic energy of empathy
- Simple, sensible, sincere, constructive, positive techniques to reduce contention and to succeed!
420 pages, $29.99.