Get crisis-ready NOW! Learn crisis communication secrets from the master!
In this industry-defining book on crisis communication and leadership recovery, Jim Lukaszewski jump-starts the discussion by clearly differentiating a crisis from other business interruption events and introduces a concept rarely dealt with in crisis communication and operational response planning: managing the victim dimension of crisis.
James E. Lukaszewski, ABC, APR, Fellow PRSA teaches you exactly what to do, what to say, when to say it, and when to do it while the whole world is watching: stop creating victims; communicate effectively with all stakeholders; prevent lawsuits; and reduce the negative impact of media hounds and activists. All supported by case studies and real-life examples, by trusted advisor to CEOs and practitioner/trainer named among the 100 Top Thought Leaders of 2013 by Trust Across America; profiled in Living Legends of American Public Relations; listed in Corporate Legal Times as one of “28 Experts to Call When All Hell Breaks Loose.”
Your CEO’s in handcuffs! Things are going downhill, fast! Your whole word is watching to see what you do next.
Time matters. Your reputation and your job are on the line. It’s a career-defining moment — your destiny is in your hands. Fail to manage it, and someone else — the victims — will!
Delivered in his straight-talking style backed with compelling case studies, Lukaszewski On Crisis Communication is your guide to preparing for a crisis and the explosive visibility that comes with it. In 10 chapters of field-tested how-to’s and to- do’s Lukaszewski teaches you:
- How crises create victims
- To avoid the toxicity of silence
- To overcome the abusive, intrusive and coercive behavior of bloviators, bellyachers, back-bench bitchers, the media, activists and critics
- To drive attorneys to settle instead of litigate
- Apology is the atomic energy of empathy
- Simple, sensible, sincere, constructive, positive techniques to reduce contention and to succeed!
James E. Lukaszewski (Loo-ka-SHEV-skee), ABC, APR, Fellow PRSA is named among the 100 Top Thought Leaders of 2013 by Trust Across America; profiled in Living Legends of American Public Relations; listed in Corporate Legal Times as one of “28 Experts to Call When All Hell Breaks Loose,” and cited in PR Week as one of 22 “crunch-time counselors who should be on the speed dial in a crisis.” His popular PRSA and IABC seminars/webinars have been attended by thousands. He is President of the Lukaszewski Grou.
- Endorsed by the Business Continuity Institute and selected by Soundview Executive Book Summaries as one of only 30 top business books published in 2013.
- Distills four decades of experience into 10 chapters of field-tested how-to’s, practical tools, tips, charts, checklists, forms, and templates.
- Chapter learning objectives; discussion questions; case studies; real-life examples; and glossary facilitate college and professional development classroom use.
Professors/Instructors: Contact Rothstein Publishing to request a complimentary copy to evaluate for classroom use.
2013, 420 pages. ISBN 9781931332576 (Softcover), 9781931332668 (Hardcover).