MIT Professional Education is offering its popular and comprehensive Crisis Management & Business Resiliency Course twice this year—with options to attend either in-person on-campus (July 25-29), or online in real-time via a live virtual format (October 17-20 and 24-27).
Snce 2010, this course has provided valuable insights on business resiliency, crisis management, crisis leadership, crisis communications, and cyber security/DR for hundreds of participants. You’ll have the opportunity to learn from MIT faculty, industry experts, and your peers. You will also earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
This informative program offers an effective combination of lectures, case studies, and group activities conducted by knowledgeable and experienced instructors who are leaders in their fields. Case studies of actual crisis situations are used to emphasize and enhance the concepts. Plus we have a field trip to a hidden federal response facility! Each course concludes with a crisis simulation in which participants take active roles in a simulated crisis, which includes workplace violence, hazmat leak, and a cyber-attack. This simulation concludes with a realistic news media briefing where you can play a spokesperson, a reporter, or a cyber troll!
Preparing for a crisis is not a luxury; it is a necessity. The COVID-19 pandemic has proven this. You know the odds are high that your company will suffer, or has experienced, a disaster or crisis. You cannot say you weren’t ready; today’s extreme public and government scrutiny demand that you should have been prepared. MIT’s Crisis Management & Business Resiliency course will help prepare you for the inevitable.
MIT Professional Education Crisis Management & Business Resiliency Course Overview
This comprehensive course provides up-to-date assessments and knowledge on issues that affect you and your organization — the COVID-19 Pandemic, cyber security, supply chain, leadership, data breach, communications, news media, social media, government response — from the experts involved with these efforts. We also examine strategies for job and career improvement. You will have the opportunity to interact with our lecturers and with your peers from industry, academia, and government.
By the end of the course, you will have the tools, knowledge, and understanding to benchmark, assess, and improve your business resiliency, disaster recovery, and crisis management program. This includes the course manual (e-files), templates, and current articles. You will gain valuable contacts, have plenty of networking opportunities during and after class, and acquire insights for immediate implementation.
- Presentations by and discussions with industry and government leaders/subject matter experts
- Status of issues that affect you, your response, and your organization
- Interactions with peers from academia, industry, and government
- Lessons learned from multiple case studies
- Course manual e-files
- Various templates for your immediate use
- Current articles by industry authors
- Official MIT Professional Education Certificate of Completion
- Upon completion, course graduates will be eligible to enroll in the MIT Crisis Course Alumni LinkedIn private group
- Course graduates will also be eligible to enroll in the MIT Professional Education Advanced Business Resiliency course
Who Should Attend
- This course is designed for professionals who work in Business Resiliency, Disaster Recovery, Cyber Security, Emergency Management, Crisis Management, or Crisis Communications.
Participants who will also benefit from the curriculum also include:
- Corporate executives/directors who want to enhance the efficacy of their organization’s business continuity, disaster recovery, cyber security, crisis management, and crisis communications programs
- Federal, state, and local government officials who need to assess and improve their department’s crisis management planning to better protect and serve their constituents
- Human Resources and Legal professionals who are looking to understand the potential impact and response of certain threats on their organization’s workforce
- Anyone interested in acquiring knowledge and understanding to create, assess, or improve a business resiliency, disaster recovery, cyber security, crisis management, or crisis communications program.
Program Outline For MIT’s Crisis Management & Business Resiliency Course
This dynamic course offers an effective combination of lecture, case studies, and class participation activities conducted by knowledgeable and experienced instructors who are leaders in their fields. Case studies of actual crisis situations are used to emphasize and enhance the concepts. Several interactive class activities provide additional hands-on experience. Participants can also practice what is learned: the course concludes with a highly interactive crisis simulation in which participants take active roles in a multiple event crisis, including a realistic news media briefing.