Cyberrisks are fast-evolving, posing an ever-changing threat to businesses. Five years ago cyber security risks ranked at number 15 for most important peril. According to the annual Allianz Risk Barometer cyber security risks is now the second most important peril globally today. But some of these risks remain underestimated, and negligence scenarios are also increasing. The changing risk and liability landscape for IT security and data risks is indeed a major concern for top executives.
Read more at The Changing Risk and Liability Landscape for IT Security and Data Risks by Emy Donavan for Risk Management Magazine at //www.rmmagazine.com/2019/01/28/the-changing-risk-and-liability-landscape-for-it-security-and-data-risks/
Also, learn how to protect your business from cyberrisk from Building Effective Cybersecurity Programs: A Security Manager’s Handbook by Tari Schreider.
Building An Effective Cybersecurity Program (2nd Edition) is your single source reference for building effective cybersecurity programs!
Because we have witnessed some of the world’s largest data breach events Tari’s book details information that will help you to:
- Identify the proper cybersecurity program roles and responsibilities.
- Classify assets and identify vulnerabilities.
- Define an effective cybersecurity governance foundation.
- Evaluate the top governance frameworks and models.
- Automate your governance program to make it more effective.
- Integrate security into your application development process.
- Apply defense-in-depth as a multi-dimensional strategy.
- Implement a service management approach to implementing countermeasures.