Over 30+ years, Tari Schreider has designed and implemented cybersecurity programs throughout the world, helping hundreds of companies like yours. Building on that experience, he has created a clear roadmap that will allow the process to go more smoothly for you.
Building Effective Cybersecurity Programs: A Security Manager’s Handbook is organized around the six main steps on the roadmap that will put your cybersecurity program in place:
- Design a Cybersecurity Program
- Establish a Foundation of Governance
- Build a Threat, Vulnerability Detection, and Intelligence Capability
- Build a Cyber Risk Management Capability
- Implement a Defense-in-Depth Strategy
- Apply Service Management to Cybersecurity Programs
Because Schreider has researched and analyzed over 150 cybersecurity architectures, frameworks, and models, he has saved you hundreds of hours of research. He sets you up for success by talking to you directly as a friend and colleague, using practical examples. His book helps you to:
- Identify the proper cybersecurity program roles and responsibilities.
- Classify assets and identify vulnerabilities.
- Define an effective cybersecurity governance foundation.
- Evaluate the top governance frameworks and models.
- Automate your governance program to make it more effective.
- Integrate security into your application development process.
- Apply defense-in-depth as a multi-dimensional strategy.
- Implement a service management approach to implementing countermeasures.
With this handbook, you can move forward confidently, trusting that Schreider is recommending the best components of a cybersecurity program for you. In addition, the book provides hundreds of citations and references allow you to dig deeper as you explore specific topics relevant to your organization or your studies.
Whether you are a new manager or current manager involved in your organization’s cybersecurity program, this book will answer many questions you have on what is involved in building a program. You will be able to get up to speed quickly on program development practices and have a roadmap to follow in building or improving your organization’s cybersecurity program. If you are new to cybersecurity in the short period of time it will take you to read this book, you can be the smartest person in the room grasping the complexities of your organization’s cybersecurity program. If you are a manager already involved in your organization’s cybersecurity program, you have much to gain from reading this book. This book will become your go to field manual guiding or affirming your program decisions.
2018, 250 pages. ISBN 9781944480516 PDF eBook; ISBN 9781944480509 EPUB. $39.99.