When the challenge is to get to the heart of a problem, you need a simple and efficient cause investigation methodology. And what would make a real difference would be an interactive map to lead you to the answer every time. Chester Rowe’s Simplifying Cause Analysis: A Structured Approach combines an instruction book with a downloadable Interactive Cause Analysis Tool – for the results you have been looking for.
The book is intended for professionals like you. However, it is not intended to be used alone. In addition, to the tools provided in this book you will also need the help with the cause road map. The cause analysis tools will also require you and others to organize, analyze, and present the results of your investigation. You have some familiarity with cause analysis projects, but you’re looking for a simple and efficient cause investigation methodology – a more effective and insightful way of asking “why?”
Follows the Cause Road Map
The author provides a comprehensive taxonomy for every cause investigation so that readers can have a better understanding of cause analysis. Following this he provides instructions with diagrams, charts, and real-world examples from companies like yours. He then takes you step-by-step through planning, completing, and documenting your investigation. For example:
- Chapter 1 helps you determine the level of effort that your investigation will require, assess the level of effort needed, and determine the rigor needed. Your investigation needs to be as risk-informed as possible!
- Chapters 2 through 5 offer a new and innovative structure – rigorous yet intuitively easy to remember – to identify the underlying causes for the event (Cause Road Maps) and conduct the investigation.
- Chapter 6 introduces conceptual human performance models that will allow you to begin focusing on the human behaviors involved.
- Chapters 7 and 8 present you with methods, tools, and techniques for carefully interviewing personnel.
- Chapters 9 through 13 “put the pieces together,” guiding you to analyze and model the event, determine corrective action, and document the investigations and findings.
Lastly, the author combines his taxonomy and instructions with an interactive cause analysis tool to further help your learning process.
Free Interactive Cause Analysis Tool
To fully implement Rowe’s Cause Road Map, you will also need other tools to organize, analyze, and present the final results of your investigation. The author also includes his downloadable Interactive Cause Analysis Tool – an easy-to-use tool in familiar spreadsheet format – free with your verified purchase of the book. The Interactive Cause Analysis Tool functions include:
- Help managing your cause investigation efforts.
- Providing supporting documentation for your report.
- Aiding in presenting the results.
- Structuring and sequencing of corrective action recommendations.
- Help assessing your organization’s Safety Culture.
Altogether these tools that provide an interactive experience will give professionals like you a better understanding on cause analysis.
“There are already many scientific tools to help us understand the physical causes for machine failures; the challenge now is to find a way of investigating human performance failure modes… humans are often a major source of slips, lapses, and mistakes.” – Chester D. Rowe
2018, 240 pages PLUS downloadable Interactive Cause Analysis Tool (on registration). $134.99
CLICK THE LINKS BELOW TO: