Comprehensive, extensively classroom-tested business continuity textbook and risk management textbook plus extensive, proven instructor materials.
- Holistic coverage of both business continuity and risk management and how these two growing fields interface.
- Chapter objectives, discussion topics, review questions, case studies, bibliography; numerous charts and graphs.
- Flexible,modular textbook design that allows inclusion of topics based on your course objectives:
- Ten chapters to serve as a core course.
- Three additional chapters with greater detail on information technology and emergency management for use depending on class focus.
- Four additional chapters on risk modeling can be incorporated into a comprehensive risk management approach to business continuity management (BCM) or serve as a separate course at the upper undergraduate or graduate level.
- Two of the many case studies are integrated throughout the text to give students experience in applying chapter principles to a service company and a manufacturer.
- Instructor Materials, including syllabi; test bank; PowerPoint slides; and sample solutions to case studies, discussions, and end-of-chapter questions. All materials available to instructors when book is adopted as a classroom text.
- Authors include a college professor, who is also editor-in-chief of the International Journal of Business Continuity and Risk Management, and a management consultant with 20+ years of experience in business continuity and emergency management.
This book is your core business continuity textbook covering the body of knowledge for this growing field.
Although business continuity management (BCM) has matured as a distinct discipline and more colleges are offering courses in the subject, instructors had to choose books written for practitioners to serve as classroom texts. Since books for practitioners books were written with students in mind, most also lack instructor resource materials.
The Authors of this groundbreaking textbook have sought to provide the first academically-structured, student-friendly approach to preparing for a career in the interconnected fields of business continuity and risk management. If you’ve been thinking about starting a new course in Business Continuity Management (BCM), this comprehensive package will expedite your course design and implementation.
If you’ve been searching for student-oriented materials for the classes you already teach, then you’ll find that the chapter discussion topics, review questions, and case studies will give your students an accessible, readable blend of academic principles and practical applications.
This book can serve as a primary text in an undergraduate or graduate level course that focuses on business continuity and risk management or as a supplemental text in a closely related field. Business students majoring in any concentration, including operations, information technology, management science, finance, accounting, marketing, human resources, management and international business, will also find this book both interesting and useful. Emergency management and management engineering students will also find this book a valuable resource.
Comprehensive licensed instructional materials are available on confirmed course adoption.