From 30+ years of working with organizations like yours, Jim Burtles knows the challenges you face with emergency evacuation planning.
He tells you what you need to know as you plan emergency evacuation of people of all ages and health conditions – whether it’s from small offices, skyscrapers, stores, industrial plants, hospitals, college campuses, or other venues. In this book, Burtles tells you how to:
- Analyze the site, identifying escape routes and assembly areas.
- Select and train emergency response teams who will be ready to assist when needed.
- Calculate the amount of time to allow to evacuate people from different locations – using the author’s own proven formula.
- Anticipate the personal needs of people who have been suddenly evacuated – from coats to transportation to medical assistance.
- Learn the needs and limitations of people with disabilities, creating personal evacuation plans for them.
- Create signage that will be effective for anyone who will be in the area – from workers to customers to visitors.
- Communicate during the emergency.
- Check and double-check to make sure nobody is left behind.
Finally, to save you time in your emergency planning, Burtles ends the book ends with a bonus comprehensive “Emergency Evacuation Checklist” containing the essentials you need to make sure your plan covers everything you need.
2016, 120 pages. ISBN: 978-1-944480-14-1 (EPUB), ISBN: 978-1-944480-15-8 (PDF).