“Hope for the best and prepare for the worst” sums up Blythe’s philosophy. This short book is the essence of the basic practical counseling that he would give if he were sitting next to you at your desk. To help you figure out what to do next, he offers real-world examples of what has worked – and not worked – in his 30+ years of experience with companies just like yours.
With Blythe’s advice, you can act fast to:
- Find out the accurate facts you need to strategize and implement a response.
- Compile a checklist of immediate action items.
- Create a crisis command center (CCC).
- Select the best people for your action team and determine action steps.
- Understand how to make good decisions in a crisis or emergency.
- Handle the human side of a traumatic incident.
- Set priorities in multiple timeframes.
- Establish a “new normal” as everyone phases back into productive work after the incident.
To help you take the actions that will make a difference, the book includes:
- Practical forms, checklists, cases studies, and real-life examples.
“Quick Use Response Guide” at the end of each chapter – all four can form a handy pocket guide.
2016, 117 pages. ISBN 978-1-944480-23-3 (PDF), ISBN 978-1-944480-22-6 (EPUB)