With critical information assets at risk, your company requires a state-of-the-art cybersecurity program. But how do you achieve the best possible program? Tari Schreider, in Building Effective Cybersecurity Programs: A Security Manager’s Handbook, lays out the step-by-step roadmap to follow as you build or enhance your cybersecurity program.
Building Effective Cybersecurity Programs: A Security Manager’s Handbook is organized around the six main steps on the roadmap that will put your cybersecurity program in place:
- Design a Cybersecurity Program
- Establish a Foundation of Governance
- Build a Threat, Vulnerability Detection, and Intelligence Capability
- Build a Cyber Risk Management Capability
- Implement a Defense-in-Depth Strategy
- Apply Service Management to Cybersecurity Programs
Because Schreider has researched and analyzed 150+ cybersecurity architectures, frameworks, and models, he has saved you hundreds of hours of research. He sets you up for success by talking to you directly as a friend and colleague, using practical examples. His book helps you to:
- Identify the proper cybersecurity program roles and responsibilities.
- Classify assets and identify vulnerabilities.
- Define an effective cybersecurity governance foundation.
- Evaluate the top governance frameworks and models.
- Automate your governance program to make it more effective.
- Integrate security into your application development process.
- Apply defense-in-depth as a multi-dimensional strategy.
- Implement a service management approach to implementing countermeasures.
Click to learn more about Building Effective Cybersecurity Programs: A Security Manager’s Handbook.
What about the legal aspects of cybersecurity? ARE YOU AT RISK?
In today’s litigious business world, cyber-related matters could land you in court. As a computer security professional, you are protecting your data, but are you protecting your company? While you know industry standards and regulations, you may not be a legal expert. Fortunately, in a few hours of reading, rather than months of classroom study, Tari Schreider’s The Manager’s Guide to Cybersecurity Law: Essentials for Today’s Business, lets you integrate legal issues into your security program
In a friendly style, offering real-world business examples from his own experience supported by a wealth of court cases, Schreider covers the range of practical information you will need as you explore – and prepare to apply – cybersecurity law. His practical, easy-to-understand explanations help you to:
- Understand your legal duty to act reasonably and responsibly to protect assets and information.
- Identify which cybersecurity laws have the potential to impact your cybersecurity program.
- Upgrade cybersecurity policies to comply with state, federal, and regulatory statutes.
- Communicate effectively about cybersecurity law with corporate legal department and counsel.
- Understand the implications of emerging legislation for your cybersecurity program.
- Know how to avoid losing a cybersecurity court case on procedure – and develop strategies to handle a dispute out of court.
- Develop an international view of cybersecurity and data privacy – and international legal frameworks.
Schreider takes you beyond security standards and regulatory controls to ensure that your current or future cybersecurity program complies with all laws and legal jurisdictions. Hundreds of citations and references allow you to dig deeper as you explore specific topics relevant to your organization or your studies. This book needs to be required reading before your next discussion with your corporate legal department!
Click to learn more about The Manager’s Guide to Cybersecurity Law: Essentials for Today’s Business.