How Do You Start Up and Manage YOUR Business Continuity Project?
If your organization is starting out on Business Continuity Management, the enormity of the tasks that lie ahead of you can seem overwhelming. That is why it is crucially important to get the scope right, to set realistic limits for the early projects, and to put these within an overall program that will eventually lead to an integrated, comprehensive approach to protect the total assets of the enterprise. The only way to eat the Business Continuity elephant is “a bite at a time.”
This FREE chapter shows how to prepare and manage YOUR business continuity project.
Excerpted from the industry-defining book, Business Continuity Management: Global Best Practices, by Andrew Hiles.
You will learn all of the steps necessary in launching the project, as well as why each of these steps is important – which is very helpful in gaining buy-in from organization management.
This chapter will help you to:
- Define the scope of your business continuity plan (BCP).
- Gain management commitment.
- Devise BC awareness and training programs.
- Create a business continuity steering group.
- Understand terms of reference and roles.
- Conduct a budget assessment.
- Initiate and manage your project.