The Decontamination Training DVD Package provides comprehensive training on decontamination procedures for both Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) and hazmat incidents. This package includes two DVDs and two Instructor Guides. Total runtime, 55 minutes.
Decon Team DVD
This decontamination training video provides Technician and Operations Level training for hazmat incidents.
Decon Team DVD provides Technician and Operations level training for emergency response personnel and for remediation workers who may be assigned to carry out hazmat decontamination in the field.
- How to select and set up the decontamination area
- Duties of the Decon Unit Leader
- Illustrates the most current decontamination methods
- How to select a compatible method for the particular situation
- Factors that contribute to the severity of contamination
- Steps to take to minimize exposure
- How to detect contamination
- The importance of pre-planning in order to determine materials and equipment needs
- The basic stations of the decontamination process are explained
- Preventing secondary contamination
- Controlling runoff and contaminated waste resulting from decon activities
- Checking the effectiveness of decon operations.
Leader’s Guide included.
Mass Decon DVD
This mass casualty decontamination training video is a close-up view of emergency personnel conducting decon in the field.
Mass Decon DVD training video on mass casualty decontamination takes the viewer up close as emergency personnel decontaminate victims of terrorism agents.
Topics covered include:
- Identifying the agents involved
- Setting up the decon area
- Preparing decon solutions
- One & two engine configurations, ladder configuration, and bridge configurations
- Dealing with modesty and privacy issues
- Cold weather decon and hypothermia
- Managing non-ambulatory victims
- Monitoring for radiation
- Protecting medical facilities and staff from cross contamination
Includes Leader’s Guide.