The IED and VBIED training in these programs is designed to meet funding priorities for the Department of Homeland Security’s Grant Program. The programs were developed for law enforcement, emergency management, bomb squads, fire departments and rescue personnel.
IEDs & VBIEDs DVD
This IED training video teaches police and other to recognize and respond to Improvised Explosive Devices
IEDs & VBIEDs DVD is a training video for police and other emergency personnel about preparing for and responding to Improvised Explosive Devices. This video is Part 1 of the IED Training Package.
Informative and exciting to watch, this program was produced after recent history showed that IEDs (improvised explosive devices) and VBIEDs (vehicle-borne improvised explosive devices) are often the terrorists’ weapon of choice. It is likely that these attacks would be carried out in non- battlefield environments.
First responders will be a community’s first line of defense if these deadly weapons are involved in an incident. This program, IEDs & VBIEDs, will raise the awareness of emergency personnel regarding these weapons.
Designed for police officers, firefighters, hazmat teams, bomb squads, EMTs, emergency management, military personnel, security guards and others who may encounter or respond to incidents involving IEDs. Both pre- and post-detonation response are portrayed.
Topics covered include:
- Types of explosives and precursor chemicals that are often used to construct an IED
- Warning signs of the presence of a possible VBIED including new configurations based on al-Qaeda intelligence
- Conducting reconnaissance, evacuation distances, and using remote robots
- Establishing Unified Command
- Sizing up the incident
- Managing victims
- Preserving evidence
Includes an accompanying resource CD-ROM with a customizable PowerPoint presentation, quiz, references and other materials that will help an Instructor present a seminar.
Suicide Bomber DVD
Suicide bomber preparedness training for police officers and other emergency personnel.
Suicide Bomber DVD training video provides important training and information for bomb squads, police, firefighters, EMS, security and military personnel who may respond to an attempted or actual suicide bombing. Instructs emergency personnel on how to plan for, prevent, recognize and respond to suicide terrorism. This video is Part 2 of the IED Training Package.
Topics covered include:
- Trends in suicide terrorism
- Intelligence gathering and cooperation
- How terrorists plan an attack
- Improving security measures
- Clues to the presence of a human or vehicle bomb
- Covers both pre- and post-detonation responses
- Taking the warning call
- Mobilizing local & federal agencies
- Identifying WMD agents
- Checking for secondary devices
- Use of deadly force
- Search, rescue and triage.
Includes Resource CD-ROM.
Bomb Threat DVD
Learn about bomb threat safety from this training video and how to develop a bomb incident plan.
Bomb Threat is a DVD training video program that teaches how to manage reports of bomb threats to minimize the disruption of activities while protecting the safety of the community.
Bomb threats are annoying, but must be handled properly to protect the safety of the people within the threatened facility. This training video shows how to manage bomb threats properly in order to minimize the disruption of activities. It is designed for security and maintenance personnel, school officials, building management, government officials, fire, police, crisis management teams and others who may respond to bomb threats as a part of their duties.
- The type of locations bombers are most likely to target
- Steps that building management can take to harden the site against becoming a potential target
- Major elements of a bomb incident plan
- Chain of command
- Setting up a Command Center
- Developing a communications plan
- Alerting, evacuation and search procedures
- How to substantiate the threat
- Responsibilities of the on-site emergency manager
- When to order an evacuation
- Coded alerts and low-profile searches
- The role of the bomb squad
- Anthrax scares
- Recognizing a potential bomb
- Searching for secondary devices
Also includes a separate Instructor’s CD-ROM.
Terrorism: Explosive & Incendiary Weapons DVD
This program for First Responders teaches IED response
World events continue to underscore the need for emergency personnel to be up to date on all types of terrorist weapons. This important program examines pre- and post-detonation response to the following weapons:
- Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs)
- Fusing mechanisms
- Secondary devices
- Suicide missions
- Dirty bombs
- Vehicle bombs
Topics covered include:
- Determining evacuation distances
- Setting strategic goals
- Search and rescue
- Firefighting in a terrorist environment
- Dealing with mass casualties
- Investigation activities
Leader’s Guide included.