Call For Papers – DRJ Spring 2020
DRJ Spring 2020: A Clear Vision of Risk & Resiliency
Conference: DRJ Spring 2020 – CFP CLOSES OCTOBER 7, 2019
Dates: March 15-18, 2020
Location: Disney’s Corando Springs Resort
City: Orlando, FL
DEADLINE EXTENDED: October 7, 2019
Main Contact: Patti Fitzgerald
Patti@drj.com (636) 282.5800
1862 Old Lemay Ferry Rd.
Arnold, MO 63010
New Strategies for Business Continuity and Resiliency
Disaster Recovery Journal, hosts and sponsors of DRJ Spring 2020 invite you to nominate a speaker and/or topic for our conference. For over 30 years our conference focuses on all aspects of business continuity, resiliency and disaster recovery planning. Thousands of people from countries around the world will be attending this conference and viewing our extensive exhibit hall. We welcome submissions from all practitioners, consultants and authors. We also include vendors from corporations, academia, non-profits, government and the military. The purpose of the conference is to join as a collaborative and share experiences and insight on continuity related topics.
Join us in Sunny Orlando, FL. March 15-18, 2020 as we celebrate our 62nd conference. We pack our agenda with educational sessions that attendees utilize to thrive in business continuity and related fields. This four-day event provides many opportunities to view the latest products and newest technology!
The conference will begin on Sunday afternoon and then continue all the way through Wednesday at noon. Workshop sessions (2.5 hours in length) are held on Sunday and then again on Tuesday afternoon. General Sessions (1 hour in length) are held on Monday, and followed by an additional session on Wednesday morning (6 total). Breakout sessions (1 hour in length) are held on Monday afternoon, and then again on Tuesday morning and afternoon in seven different tracks, 5 sessions in each track for a total of 35 breakout sessions. We include a Solutions Track where seasoned Industry veterans and/or service providers will present solutions using today’s resources, products, and strategies. Eight sessions in this track (1 hour in length) are presented on Sunday afternoon only.
DRJ Spring 2020 Sessions
GENERAL SESSION topics are presented to all attendees and should have a broad appeal. These session are presented on Monday & Wednesday morning only.
WORKSHOP SESSIONS are usually an in-depth study of a specific business continuity issue, problem or solution. These sessions are not lectures. However, they should feature interactive activities, such as hands-on scenarios, role playing, etc. BREAKOUT SESSIONS are one hour in length and are more lecture type sessions. With one – two presenters sharing information and allowing time for QandA.
PANEL SESSION submissions are permitted but need to be limited to 3 panelists and a moderator (4 total people). Each panelist’s name, title, company name and valid email address must be included with the CFP submissions (may attach a Word document). Note – panelists are not eligible to attend the conference at N/C -they will be charged a discounted attendance fee.
Our conference attracts attendees from all sectors of the business continuity profession. These sectors include: banking/financial; public utilities; transportation; insurance; communications; manufacturing; government; education; IT services; Internet Services; retail; wholesale; health care and petroleum. Other industries are also represented.
Sessions must be educational in nature with a business continuity, disaster recovery or related theme. Specific products, services and companies are not to be endorsed. No dog-and-pony sessions will be accepted.
Topic examples you may use in your submission and presentation can include one or more of the following:
Benefits of Speaking at DRJ
As a speaker at DRJ Spring 2020 you’ll:
- Present ideas and challenges to our attendees
- Enhance your personal and professional resume
- Gain recognition by appearing at the industry’s largest business continuity conference
- Share your expertise and knowledge with the industry about business continuity, risk, and resiliency
- Network with other subject matter experts and industry leaders
- Receive free admission to the conference, which includes admission to all sessions, workshops, hospitalities, product demos, and entrance to the exhibit hall. You will also receive free Breakfast and lunch each day. This represents a value of $1495.00.
Please submit a BRIEF abstract/synopsis to be considered as a speaker at our conference.
This must include a descriptive title and synopsis of the presentation that clearly defines what the session is about and what the session “take-a-ways” would be for the attendee. In addition to this, please include a speaker biography and a photo. Use the attached form to submit your presentation. (See below for submission format guidelines.) Also, please note your speaking style. An audio or video may be submitted if the applicant wishes to use a recording instead. Any submission that does not meet the criteria will be revoked. We must have all materials submitted in the proper format at the time of submission.
DRJ Spring Submission Guidelines
BEFORE YOU SUBMIT –
- BY SUBMITTING A CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS FOR DRJ SPRING 2020, YOU ARE COMMITTING YOUR AVAILABILITY TO THE DATES OF THE CONFERENCE – March 15 – 18, 2020. And that you have permission to speak/attend/travel. Please mark your calendars. We will notify you of your exact session day and time once the selection process has been completed. Allow at least 2-3 weeks after the CFP deadline – October 7, 2019.
- All speakers receive complimentary admission to our conference as well as the exhibit area and other conference functions. All other expenses, including hotel, travel, evening meals, etc., are solely the responsibility of the speaker.
- If presentation is accepted, speaker will be required to submit an electronic PowerPoint file using the designated conference logo for inclusion in the conference proceedings by the deadline date designated.
- Once the presentation has been accepted, no changes to the topic, format, number of presenters, or any other modifications to the original submission will be made without expressed written approval of DRJ.
Format for Electronic Submissions:
Submit your form electronically via our website using the link below. Please DO NOT print and scan your submission – or email it. Do not submit scanned or pdf versions of the submission form, synopsis or biography. Please note that due to space limits in the print brochure the synopsis needs to be up to 200 words including the 1 sentence bio. For the online brochure we have more space to include more details. Please indicate by highlighting what part(s) you want in the print brochure.
PHOTO – .jpg format, 300 dpi resolution. Include full name with the photo. DO NOT embed photos in word documents.
INCLUDE presenters name, address, valid email address and contact numbers.
Who Else Can Submit?
It is important that submissions have the correct and appropriate information. Any submission that does not meet the criteria will be revoked. Please follow the guidelines below if you are an assistant or pubic firm.
Applicants, firms and assistants must:
- Include contact information for any supporting staff.
- Have the speakers’ contact information included. (Communication will be with the speaker and not with the firm)
- Potential speakers must re-submit their information for any future conferences.
Potential speakers must advise DRJ if they plan to submit their presentation to any other conference or seminar. We like to keep our agenda fresh with new presentations/topics. Submissions must also be original and not from another conference.