Call For Papers – DRJ Spring 2020
DRJ Spring 2020: A Clear Vision of Risk & Resiliency
Conference: DRJ Spring 2020 – CFP CLOSES OCTOBER 7, 2019
Dates: March 15-18, 2020
Location: Disney’s Corando Springs Resort
City: Orlando, FL
DEADLINE EXTENDED: October 7, 2019
Main Contact: Patti Fitzgerald
Patti@drj.com (636) 282.5800
1862 Old Lemay Ferry Rd.
Arnold, MO 63010
Disaster Recovery Journal, hosts and sponsors of DRJ Spring 2020 invite you to nominate a speaker and/or topic for our conference. For over 30 years our conference focuses on all aspects of business resiliency/continuity, disaster recovery planning and is the most comprehensive offered in the industry. Some 1000+ people from countries worldwide will be attending this conference and viewing our extensive exhibit hall. We welcome submissions from all practitioners, consultants, authors, and vendors from corporations, academia, non-profits, government and the military.
Join us in Sunny Orlando, FL. March 15-18, 2020 as we celebrate our 62nd conference. We pack our agenda with educational sessions that attendees utilize to thrive in business continuity and related fields. This four-day event provides many opportunities to view the latest products and newest technology!
The conference begins Sunday afternoon and continues through Wednesday at noon. Workshop sessions (2.5 hours in length) are held on Sunday and Tuesday afternoon. General Sessions (1 hour in length) are held on Monday, and Wednesday morning (6 total). Breakout sessions (1 hour in length) are held on Monday afternoon, and Tuesday morning and afternoon in seven different tracks, 5 sessions in each track for a total of 35 breakout sessions. We include a Solutions Track where seasoned Industry veterans and/or service providers will present solutions using today’s resources, products, and strategies. Eight sessions in this track (1 hour in length) are presented on Sunday afternoon only.
GENERAL SESSION topics are presented to all attendees and should have a broad appeal. These session are presented on Monday & Wednesday morning only.
WORKSHOP SESSIONS are usually an in-depth study of a specific business continuity issue, problem or solution. These sessions are not lectures. Instead they should feature interactive activities, such as hands-on scenarios, role playing, etc. BREAKOUT SESSIONS are one hour in length and are more lecture type sessions. With one – two presenters sharing information and allowing time for QandA.
PANEL SESSION submissions are permitted but need to be limited to 3 panelists and a moderator (4 total people). Each panelist’s name, title, company name and valid email address must be included with the CFP submissions (may attach a Word document). Note – panelists are not eligible to attend the conference at N/C -they will be charged a discounted attendance fee.
Our conference attracts attendees from all sectors of the business continuity profession. These sectors include: banking/financial; public utilities; transportation; insurance; communications; manufacturing; government; education; IT services; Internet Services; retail; wholesale; health care and petroleum. Other industries are also represented.
Sessions must be educational in nature with a business continuity, disaster recovery or related theme. Specific products, services and companies are not to be endorsed. No dog-and-pony sessions will be accepted.
Conference topics in the past have included, but are not limited to, the following subjects:
Benefits of Speaking at DRJ
Our speakers are highly regarded as subject matter experts in the industry. As a speaker at DRJ Spring 2020 you’ll:
- Present ideas and challenges to our attendees
- Enhance your personal and professional resume
- Gain recognition by appearing at the industry’s largest business continuity conference
- Share your expertise and knowledge with the industry
- Network with other subject matter experts and industry leaders
- Receive free admission to the conference, which includes admission to all sessions, workshops, hospitalities, product demos, and entrance to the exhibit hall. Breakfasts and lunches provided by the conference host are also included each day. This represents a value of $1495.00.
To be considered as a speaker for our conference, submit a BRIEF abstract/synopsis must include a descriptive title and synopsis of the presentation that clearly defines what the session is about and what the session “take-a-ways” would be for the attendee. Include a speaker biography and a photo. Please use the attached form to submit your presentation. (See below for submission format guidelines.) Also, please note your speaking style. An audio or video may be submitted if desired. INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AND WILL BE DISCARDED. We must have all materials submitted in the proper format at the time of submission.
BEFORE YOU SUBMIT –
- BY SUBMITTING A CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS FOR DRJ SPRING 2020, YOU ARE COMMITTING YOUR AVAILABILITY TO THE DATES OF THE CONFERENCE – March 15 – 18, 2020. And that you have permission to speak/attend/travel. Please mark your calendars. We will notify you of your exact session day and time once the selection process has been completed. Allow at least 2-3 weeks after the CFP deadline – October 7, 2019.
- All speakers receive complimentary admission to our conference as well as the exhibit area and other conference functions. All other expenses, including hotel, travel, evening meals, etc., are solely the responsibility of the speaker.
- If presentation is accepted, speaker will be required to submit an electronic PowerPoint file using the designated conference logo for inclusion in the conference proceedings by the deadline date designated.
- Speakers understand that once the presentation has been accepted, no changes to the topic, format, number of presenters, or any other modifications to the original submission will be made without expressed written approval of DRJ.
Format for Electronic Submissions:
Submit your form electronically via our website using the link below. Please DO NOT print and scan your submission – or email it. Do not submit scanned or pdf versions of the submission form, synopsis or biography. Please note that due to space limits in the print brochure the synopsis needs to be up to 200 words including the 1 sentence bio. For the online brochure we have more space to include more details. Please indicate by highlighting what part(s) you want in the print brochure.
PHOTO – .jpg format, 300 dpi resolution. Include full name with the photo. DO NOT embed photos in word documents.
INCLUDE presenters name, address, valid email address and contact numbers.
ASSISTANTS SUBMITTING FOR THEIR BOSS OR COLLEAGUE need to include your contact information in as “support staff” to be included in the communications to the speakers.
SUBMISSIONS FROM PUBLIC RELATIONS FIRMS will not be accepted unless speakers’ contact information is included. All communication from DRJ will be directed to the speaker, not the PR firm.
SUBMISSIONS that are NOT SELECTED for Spring 2020 will not be held. Potential speakers must re-submit their information for any future conferences.
Potential speakers must advise DRJ if they plan to submit their presentation to any other conference or seminar. DRJ will not accept presentations that have been submitted or already presented at any other BC/DR conferences or call for papers. We like to keep our agenda fresh with new presentations/topics.