Re: BIA

Posted by akshay (203.124.156.99) on April 08, 2004 at 05:40:54:

In Reply to: Re: BIA posted by Gerhard on March 15, 2004 at 08:57:07:

Hey guys,

Can u guide me on what is the difference between a risk assessment and a Business impact analysis. Where can i find the sample BIA tempate for reference. I would like to know how do we do the BIA practically?

Regards,

Akshay

: Hi,
: I hope I can help you with your questions (I'm working as a DR-Consultant - see www.panrok.at)
: Q1: The effort for a BIA depends on the homework that you have done in business process management. If your processes are analysed and documented (the necessary resources must be included), you can do the BIA very fast. If your business process management is poor you will need up to 50% of the DR project for the BIA.
: Q2: The overall effort depends on your business process management (as I sad above). If you know your processes I would start with one typical location as a pilot. The effort is approximatly between 1.5 and 2.5 manyears (12 month duration). Then you can roll out the DR to the other locations very easily.
: Q3: A know a lot of "tools" for DR but the are all very general methodologies. It's very cheaper to work with a experienced consultant.
: If you have more questions: gerhard.reismueller@panrok.at
: Gerhard
: : Hello:

: : I am hoping someone can help with the following questions.

: : 1. How much does it cost to do a BIA (as a % of DR Planning effort)?
: : 2. How much does a typical DR Planning effort cost for a Global 2000 size company?
: : 3. Are there any tools that can help reduce the manual effort of IT information gathering and analysis that is part of a BIA.

: : Thanks. Raj

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Enter these letters (required):

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Rothstein Associates Inc. Disaster Recovery Forum ] [ FAQ ]

"Keep Me Posted"

Business Survival Newsletter

Rothstein Associates, Inc. is a BBB Accredited Business. Click for the BBB Business Review of this Financial Planning Consultants in Brookfield CT

ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES

SecurityMetrics for PCI Compliance, QSA, IDS, Penetration Testing, Forensics, and Vulnerability Assessment

Contact Us | The Rothstein Catalog on Disaster Recovery | The Rothstein Catalog on Service Level Books
Original Feature Articles | Disaster Recovery Forum | Today's Industry News | Links to Industry Web Sites
Management Consulting Services | Business Survival ™ Newsletter Business Survival ™ Weblog (New!)
‘Keep Me Posted’ | Privacy Policy | Site Map | RSS Feed

E-mail Rothstein Associates Inc.