The Business Continuity Institute (BCI) has produced two Business Continuity training DVDs:
Practice Makes Perfect: Exercising Made Easy – a Comprehensive Guide to Exercising Business Continuity Plans
Understanding Your Business: How to do a Business Impact Analysis.
Both videos and accompanying CDs have been structured around the BCI Good Practice Guidelines and the BS25999 standard.
Only $60.00 each!
Understanding Your Business: How to do a Business Impact Analysis – Training DVD
This 20 minute original film, complemented by a data CD, takes the viewer through the essential elements of a BIA: what it is; how to get management “buy in” and how to conduct a BIA.
The training film – based in a hotel – takes the viewer on an information gathering journey through the eyes of Ed, the lead character. We see Ed conducting his BIA in this familiar setting, providing the viewer with a clear and usable analogy.
The CD that accompanies the film contains a comprehensive questionnaire with a set of templates and guidance notes together with expert industry advice.
- A word booklet containing a step by step guide to undertaking a Business Impact Analysis (BIA) including:
- Understanding your business as part of the BCM lifecycle
- What is a BIA?
- The purpose of a BIA
- The motivation for BCM and the sponsor
- Establishing the scope
- Methods and Techniques for Collecting Data
- Determining how results will be used
- Gathering and verifying your results
- Identifying Respondents
- BIA questionnaire template with notes
- Sign and Review template
- Risk Assessments and the BIA with template
Practice Makes Perfect: exercising made easy – a comprehensive guide to exercising Business Continuity plans – Training DVD
Using a theatrical analogy, this clear, concise, and visually interesting 20 minute film demonstrates how performance (BC plan) is rehearsed – from simple desk top exercising through to more complex scenarios. The film is engaging and achieves a robust mix of practical training and engaging drama viewed through the eyes of a BCM Practitioner.
The accompanying CD contains a 2,700 word booklet detailing a step-by-step guide to exercising with templates; a guide to creating exercise scenarios; role-play scripts and debrief notes.
- Annex A Main Event List
- BCI Booklet
- Creating Your Own Scenario
- Debrief Template
- Exercise Invitation Template
- Exercise Manager’s Notes
- Fire Scenario
- Injects Template for Role‐Players
- Scripts Flood
- BSI Folder
- BS 25999 Product Sheet
- BS 25999 A4 Advertisement for BSIDVD
- BS 25999 Global Product Guide
- BS 25999 Part 2 and Certification for BCI Continuity Magazine
- BSI Management Systems profile for BCIDVD
- About BCI
- About Ear Productions BC
SPECIAL OFFER! “Practice Makes Perfect” DVD, PLUS the groundbreaking book, Disaster Recovery Testing: Exercising Your Contingency Plan. Only $99.00 for the DVD PLUS book – save $10.00 if purchased together!