New Book: Disaster Recovery Planning for Communications and Critical Infrastructure, by Leo A. Wrobel and Sharon M. Wrobel
Pre-publication special offer: Order by May 15, 2009 for $89.00 — $10.00 off the retail price of $99.00!
Addressing the vulnerabilities in today’s critical infrastructure to natural disasters and terrorism, this practical book describes what professionals should be doing to protect their infrastructure before the unthinkable happens.
Readers learn how to maintain command and control in any disaster, and how to predict the probability of those disasters. Written by two highly regarded experts in the field, this one-of-a-kind book shows how to simplify risk assessments and emergency response procedures to disasters affecting our critical national and local infrastructure.
This practical resource helps professionals…
- Understand the latest technologies that help assure word gets out quickly after an act of terrorism, a severe weather occurrence, or other destructive event occurs;
- Set up procedures for “4Ci” (Command, Control, Communications, Computers and intelligence);
- Assure that critical public services such as 911 centers will survive a catastrophic event;
- Learn the basics of what a good emergency response plan should contain for critical infrastructure providers;
- Create step-by-step plans and templates for assessing vulnerability in hospitals, government agencies, police and fire departments, EMT centers, water supplies, power grids, telecommunication networks, large business enterprises, and more;
- Develop safeguards and standards for critical infrastructure systems and write “first alert” procedures;
- Discover ways to have seismic, weather and other alerts delivered to a telephone, wireless phone, blackberry or email, taking advantage of online access to the Pacific Disaster Center repository.
Special Online Access with Book Purchase!
Practitioners can actually log in online to the vast Pacific Disaster Center (PDC) repository of weather, seismic, infrastructure, and demographic data to compute real probabilities of exposure to earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, tornados, lightning strikes, and more! Plus, professionals gain access to some of the most useful PDC analytical tools. Log in with the guest password provided in this book and see these tools for yourself.
Leo A. Wrobel is the CEO of Dallas-based b4Ci, Inc. An active author, lecturer and technical expert in the communications industry, he has written/co-written 12 books and over 500 trade articles. Mr. Wrobel holds degrees in telecommunications systems technology, electronic systems technology, and business and public policy. Leo is also president of the Networking and Systems Professional Association (NaSPA) non profit organization serving the special needs of IT professionals since 1986. See: http://www.naspa.com.
Sharon M. (Ford) Wrobel is Vice President of Business Development for b4Ci Inc. Sharon attended the University of Maryland and El Centro College where she trained as a nurse before joining Leo in his businesses in 1997. Since that time Sharon has co-authored two disaster recovery books and has published dozens of articles.
Hardcover. 330 pp. Available May, 2009.
Pre-publication special offer: Order by May 15, 2009 for $89.00 — $10.00 off the retail price of $99.00! (Orders received after May 15, 2009 will be processed at the $99.00 price).